Michael J. Fagel, Ph.D.
2014 Award Winner of the ASIS Security Book of the Year
Author and editor Michael J. Fagel, PhD, CEM has more than three decades of experience in emergency management and emergency operations. He has been an on-site responder to such disaster events as the Oklahoma City Bombing and the site of the World Trade Center in the aftermath of 9/11. He is an experienced professor, trainer, professional, and consultant and has pretty much seen it all.
The book delves into this experience to present advanced emergency management and response concepts to disasters not often covered in other publications. It includes coverage of planning and preparedness, public health considerations, vulnerability and impact assessments, hospital management and planning, sporting venue emergency planning, and community preparedness including volunteer management.
Contributions from leading professionals in the field focus on broad responses across the spectrum of public health, emergency management, and mass casualty situations. The book provides detailed, must-read planning and response instruction on a variety of events, identifying long-term solutions for situations where a community or organization must operate outside its normal daily operational windows.
- Reviews the latest legislation and regulations on public and private sector emergency planning
- Identifies proven interagency and team communication best practices
- Offers real-world examples of planning and preparedness plans in action
- Presents communication and exercise strategies for increased public-private partnerships
- Examines hotly debated topics like the active shooter incidents, pandemic planning, and mass fatality incidents
Reviewed in Security Management